It is December. The month that my heart just about explodes with love for friends and family and memories past and present:
- Putting up the Dickens Village with my daughter and trimming the tree.
- Finding that perfect gift for that person who has everything and wants for nothing.
- The annual potluck dinner with my girlfriends.
- Shopping for a cause with my work team before our holiday.
- Watching all my favorite holiday movies with the family.
- Bowling, sledding, playing games with the grandparents, making Christmas cookies and on and on.
Underlying everything for me is LOVE.
ARE YOU SOME KIND OF OSTRICH LAURIE?
No, I don't have my head in the sand. I am aware that many events (election, Dakota Access Pipeline, etc) have left people angry and scared. Standing up against injustice is necessary, speaking out is important. However, I also firmly believe you can impact change without fighting, disparaging others, or making decisions from a place of fear. Which is where the #1 question comes in.
THE BIG REVEAL!
This question comes from something I heard Brooke Castillo, Life Coach, say in regard to having a healthier relationship with food. I have taken this question and now I use it for pretty much any choice I am trying to make.
The simple questions you can ask yourself are...
What feels most like love right now?
Should I watch Love Actually or Family Man?
Should I walk or do yoga?
Should I eat soup or pasta?
Should I work or play?
So this holiday season choose to do what most feels like LOVE and create peace for yourself, and who knows, maybe even change the the world!